OOC SectionIC Section Enrai > OOC > Archives > Year 1 Archive v > Treading New Grounds
News Time!
11/18/2013 - ACTIVITY CHECK (CLICK HERE)
11/10/2013 - Winter has come to the lands.
10/1/2013 - In the middle of fall, a series of howls filled the night sky. The Sosimo pack was making itself known to the world. This ancient pack, older than our calender, has struggled through the famine for survival. This land, who many believed was unclaimed, had a pack all along. Enrai is looking for people to adopt wolves for this pack. Interested? CLICK HERE The pack will be set up in the coming days. Congrats to Xem for becoming alpha!
10/1/2013 - Today is Enrai's grand opening! We are finally out of the beta testing phase and while things are not perfect, we have progressed far enough to advertise Enrai to the world. I hope you would be interested in joining us! (Lindsey)
Treading New Grounds
Nov 14, 01:22 PM @ (url)
Lara Offline
Newcomer
Loner Reputation: 5 - 2 Posts:  
Strength Agility
Stamina Knowledge

All Accounts Posts: 3
The moon was hiding behind angry clouds which were spraying the land with sleet. Everything was now wet, turning the fluffy dustings of snow mucky, the earth was very soft near the river's edge. Lara had been rudely awakened by a nightmare that sent shivers down her spine. She had slept after catching a hare drinking by the shore. Her body didn't demand anything at the moment, and her heart was pounding from her dreams. She slowly stood up, stretched, and then shook her white coat. Her black tipped ears swiveled in search for any new sounds besides the surging water. So far, nothing unusual was detected. The wind was strong at this time, ruffling her well kept fur. She flicked her tail black tipped in annoyance as it had earlier almost cost her the hare. The cold didn't bother her. After all she was an arctic wolf. She gladly accepted winter as it was one of her favorite seasons. The way everything transformed into pure blissful white. It calmed her during times of anger. Lara wondered when the next wolf will appear.

She loved meeting new people, and so far her travels since leaving home have been well. Meeting a few wolves along the way helped her stay positive. There was one that stood out however, she briefly met him before coming to Enrai, and they both seemed headed the same way. His name had been Sinclair. They didn't know each other that well. Just on a name to name basis. The white female decided to continue walking in the direction the river was flowing. The weather turned in her opinion more favorable. Instead of icy rain it transformed into fat snowflakes which gently floated downwards. These lowlands seemed to stretch on for quite a bit. Lara was certain she may come to a larger body of water if she followed the river even more.

Time seemed to slip away from her mind as her thoughts drifted around her mind like the snow drifted around her face. Was this place as good as they say? Was there really a big absence of packs? Maybe she could start her own. It wouldn't be so bad. She could see herself leading a group of wolves. She was certainly responsible enough. However, would the opportunity present itself? Fate had a funny way of screwing dreams up. She thought her brother would always be there for her. However, his mind deteriorated to a point of attacking anybody. Her mind was left with a tender scar as she had to kill her own hero.

He had taught her many things. he was a mentor, a leader, a warrior, and her family. There was nothing she could do. The nightmare came flooding back. His mouth covered in blood and foaming, that disturbing smile as he rushed towards her with the intent of murder gleaming in his eyes. The dreams always made it worse than it was. In reality he wasn't covered in blood, or smiling. Franco couldn't think anymore, his mind was lost to a sickness which made him foam at the mouth. That's when she ended his misery, however in the dream he began to gain the upper hand. Right before he killed her she always woke up. No matter how much she tried to forget his demise and tried to keep the good memories, the nightmares always came worse than before. Maybe she could take her mind off of it. This made her stop, and she had the urge to sit down and face the river. After doing so she just looked up to the sky and howled. It didn't have a message. It was just a song, a song of sadness and forgiveness. It was intended to call to his spirit and tell him it wasn't his fault. However, these days she became less religious. She didn't even believe in spirits anymore but maybe, just maybe he could hear her from beyond.
Nov 21, 06:04 AM @ (Edited By: Sinclair) (url)
Sinclair Offline
Newcomer
Loner Reputation: 0 - 4 Posts:  
Strength Agility
Stamina Knowledge

All Accounts Posts: 7

mall-caps; text-shadow: 2px 1px #877886; letter-spacing:13px;">Sinclair Coax

Do you wish we'd fall in love all the time?

The black wolf walked slowly with the river's current, his lavender eyes traveling to the partially frozen water from time to time. He wasn't sure what he was doing, wandering this place alone, but he was eager to explore this new world. Sinclair hadn't seen his siblings in days and wondered if they'd left him to return home to Tharrin. He couldn't blame them but ever since he confided in Serana, spilled his hopes and dreams, he'd hoped she'd be excited to start over with him. He loved his sister and regretted the way he'd treated her when they were young. So now he was trying to make amends by bringing her to a new place to start something with him. They were closer now and he knew she would be up to the task. It was just a matter of gathering what family he had left and finding others trustworthy enough to join them. He didn't think it would hard to find others willing to become a part of his new family.

Sinclair lifted his muzzle and sniffed the frigid air, wishing that spring would come to this land soon. The cold months of winter had only just started and his body was already feeling it. As a loner he couldn't feed himself as well as if he had pack mates to help so his stomach was almost always empty. It growled suddenly and he growled back in response. He looked around and suddenly realized that there was another wolf in the area. He spotted her before he smelled her and couldn't believe that he hadn't noticed her sooner. Maybe he would have if he wasn't so focused on his growling belly.

He scolded himself for not paying more attention to his surroundings but at least she didn't look like she was vicious or aggressive. The male drew in a deep breath and slowly approached. His head and tail were level, he tried his best not to appear too dominant or submissive. Hopefully she was from this land so he could learn more about where he was trying to settle. But just as he reached her he realized that he knew her. Sinclair blinked and looked at her for a moment before a name returned to him. "L-Lara?" He said uncertainly. He'd met her during his travels but he'd never thought he would see her again.

A smile stretched across his muzzle as he stood before her, his tail now wagging. It wasn't that he hadn't wanted to see her again, he just hadn't expected it to happen. He was glad it did though. "What are you doing here? I didn't think I'd ever see you again." He said, curious as to how she found her way here. Was she staying? Was this her home land? He didn't know much about her aside from her name but he was willing to find out. The black wolf sat down, his purple eyes glowing with wonder as he looked at her. "Is this land your home land? I've just recently arrived and I think... I think I'll be staying. Will you stay?" He asked, rushed and eager for the answers. He didn't think she'd mind all his questions, after all he'd been just as curious during their first meeting. It'd been quite some time since then.

He was happy to see a familiar place here and one that he got along with. Lara had been kind, a pleasure to be around. Sinclair's tail wagged behind him, scooting the snow about that rested on the ground. He didn't even think about his growling stomach now, his attention was entirely focused on Lara and the story she had yet to tell him. He wanted to hear her story of how she ended up in this place too.

Nov 29, 09:15 AM @ (url)
Lara Offline
Newcomer
Loner Reputation: 5 - 2 Posts:  
Strength Agility
Stamina Knowledge

All Accounts Posts: 3
A scent arrived to her. One she had memorized and was fond of. It was Sinclair. What a great pleasure of having run into him again. She met his gaze and matched the smile the male displayed. With a playful bark she ran up to him to rub against him. She didn't know what overcame her but seeing him eased the memory of her brother away. Lara then cleared her throat and felt a bit embarrassed. She sat down on the fluffy snow and began answering the questions, as well as bringing up her own.

"Sinclair, it's good to see you again. I'm just lucky to run into you again instead of a stranger." She looked at the moon, which had crept out in the patch of sky that wasn't cloudy. Its light shone brightly, casting a small warm glow on the snow which reflected it back. It set up for a beautiful environment for the time being. "I didn't think I would have seen you either, friend. No, this isn't my homeland. I have heard of Enrai before, in tales of passerby's. I planned on staying as well, it will be more comfortable with you around," Lara's voice was filled with happiness and enthusiasm, while she got up and walked around with an eager to get further into the lands. "I did catch a Hare. If I had known me met once more, I would have shared. You must be hungry. Hopefully we can find something further down the river." The sky filled the patch of serenity that the moon was creating, leaving darkness again and heavier flakes. It could have been an omen, but it didn't affect on her at all. Lara wasn't scared of the darkness. It was easier to see since everything was covered in snow. She began walking up the stream before turning back and calling for Sinclair to follow.

While walking she talked to him. "You mentioned you came from a land called Tevinia? What was it like? Surely not as nice as this place I assume," she said with a blooming curiosity. If they were going to stick together for the time being, she'd love to get to know the foreign wolf as much as possible. She felt an attraction to him, but she decided not to move too fast. He may not be ready for such affections. Lara took in a heavy breath, the icy air chilling her nostrils and throat.

"I came from a land called Vesperis. It's quite a ways away. I did have a good time growing up there, but there were plenty of kinks along the way. Some that still haunt me..." Lara stopped as the face of her brother flashed in her mind. Shivers colder than the air around her were sent up her spine. This caused her fur to start standing up. Her expression was bitter with guilt. It was the one thing she could probably never move on from. It would take time to heal a scar this big. Her mind was sane, but if she didn't express this memory with somebody it would drive her crazy. The dreams just kept coming back. Lara shook herself from the snow clinging to her fur and with a glance at Sinclair she began walking again. Maybe by dawn they will arrive to a more suitable place to hunt for pray. The hare was merely an appetizer. Hopefully the two could find something a little bigger to catch.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 86
» Latest member: Bast
» Forum threads: 142
» Forum posts: 375

Full Statistics

[-]
Recent Posts
Иран
Согласен, но частичн... — 02:11 AM
вулкан игровые автоматы играть онлайн на...
вулкан играть без ре... — 05:23 AM
гаминатор игровые автоматы бесплатно
игровые автоматы бес... — 05:15 AM
I have good and bad news...
The good news is tha...Essie — 10:55 AM
Treading New Grounds
A scent arrived to h...Lara — 09:15 AM

[-]
Online Staff
There are no staff members currently online.

Contact Us | Return to Top | Cell Lite Mode